The New York State Smokers’ Quitline
The New York State Smokers' Quitline offers call or click to quit services. Call to speak with a quit coach
to quit tobacco or click for online information.
What is the Quitline?
The New York State Smokers’ Quitline is free and confidential service that provides effective stop smoking services to New Yorkers who want to stop smoking. The Quitline offers:
- Telephone counseling in English and Spanish. Translations through Language Line Services is available for other languages.
- A starter kit of FREE nicotine replacement medications for eligible smokers.
- Click to quit! Learn more and join here.
- Listing of local stop smoking programs.
- Referrals to local stop smoking programs.
The Quitline telephone menu offers the caller four choices.
- Callers can choose to speak to a Quit Coach to receive telephonic counseling. This is done through a series of interview questions developed to provide the Quit Coach with the most useful information from the caller. The Quit Coach will then use the information to determine the callers level of readiness to quit and tailor the stop smoking advice and counseling session accordingly.
- Callers can choose to have Quitline stop smoking materials and a listing of stop-smoking services in their area mailed to them by leaving their contact information on the message service.
- Callers can choose to listen to any of eight pre-recorded messages covering a range of stop-smoking topics available 24 hours, 7days a week.
- Callers can choose to listen to the stop-smoking "tip of the day" for motivating and inspirational messages.
All callers are offered materials that include the Quitline’s guides and fact sheets along with a listing of stop-smoking programs in the caller’s area. Callers are encouraged to call the Quitline back as many times as needed for help through the stop-smoking process.